Have too much cilantro? Here’s the best recipe I’ve found to use it all up quickly. The flavor is excellent on a salad but you could spread it on a sandwich or even make a cold pasta salad with grilled chicken. It’s very flexible so try different ways to make it your own!
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Total Time 10 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 1 shallot, chopped roughly
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (2 cups tightly packed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or, cayenne, tabasco, etc.)
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water (optional)
- Combine all ingredients for your cilantro vinaigrette in a blender and pulse until very smooth
- Add a little water if necessary to blend.
- Taste and adjust salt and vinegar to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- I include the thin cilantro stems for a stronger flavor.
- You can use any kind of oil (olive, sunflower, etc.) but sesame oil gives it an “asian” flavor.
- I think a small slice of ginger added to the mixture would be good but I haven’t tried it yet.